Saturday 9 March 2013

The Maid's Tale


My name is Janine O’Callaghan and I’m playing the part of Edna in Inspector Calls. It’s only my second time on stage and must say this is a totally different experience to my first which was Panto.

Although ‘Edna’ has a small part she is very symbolic and represents the anonymous people that the Inspector talks about in his final speech. Edna and Eva represent women, who suffer at the hands of poverty and neglect and both characters are the victims of the unjust nature of the social system. To those better than them they are invisible.
Inspector Goole

I’ve enjoyed watching all the cast perform as they are all very different and have HUGE!!! scripts to learn. I love listening to Peta Maidman’s voice (Mrs Birling) and watching Peter Musto (Mr Birling) so natural and charismatic.  It’s also been very interesting seeing Neil Maidman (Director) bring this together, his ideas and the set are great and really effective.
JB Priestley

As an experience this has been great but different and I have realised that this in comparison to Panto is a very different discipline..........I have a lot to learn I think!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment